36ft, Westerly Atlantic Clipper, For Sale!
This beautiful boat is an excellent first time boat owners dream. She is easily sailed single handedly and glides through the roughest seas with ease and comfort. A very responsive boat under sail with many basic, easy to use systems, ideal for the beginner or the seasoned sailor who appreciates a well designed, capable, ocean going vessel.
The vessel has been with the current owners for the past 4 years and was brought to Belize, Central America, from Antigua, Caribbean. The previous owner sailed her across the Atlantic Ocean in 2005. Recently renamed “Bindi Jade”, this vessel has a clear title and all duty has been paid for the importation into Belize where she is docked in San Pedro, Ambergris Caye.
She is an older boat but has been maintained to a fair condition and is completely set up for a couple looking to live aboard or just to take out for a weekends sailing. The current owners had the engine completely rebuilt in 2008 and is in excellent working condition. She also had new paint work done to the topsides and on all non skid decks. The boat needs a fair amount of cosmetic and electrical work, for example many of the instruments do not work which I have listed in the specifications. Cosmetically she could do with some new head lining, varnishing the wood, new paint job on the hull as there are chips, and some wood trims could do with being replaced. There is a rainwater leak coming from the salon hatch that would only require welding on a new handle to make it close properly. For an older boat however, she is still in great shape and she also comes with a lot of new extras which are listed below in the specifications.
Due to the owner’s relocation, this is an urgent sale and will consider all reasonable offers.
- 1972 model, Westerly Atlantic Clipper, ketch rig, 36ft
- Built and registered in the UK
- New lifting keel (2008), 4ft draft with keel up and 6ft down
- 9ft beam
- Center cockpit helm, master cabin aft, galley, saloon, and bathroom fwd (sleeps 5)
- Perkins 4107 Diesel Engine, 45hp
- 50 gallon fuel tank
- 50 gallon fresh water tank
- 3 x 120 amp, deep cycle batteries
- 1 x 800 amp, start battery
- 1 x 750 amp, deep cycle windlass battery
- 100 watt solar panel (new)
- 1000 watt “Quick” windlass (new)
- 2 x 1000 GPH bilge pumps (new)
- Fresh water pressure pump
- Manual Jabsco toilet, lid missing
- Shower and wash basin
- 2 burner gas stove with oven and grill on gimble
- 30 liter fridge/ freezer (new and very cold)
- Cockpit Bimini, dodger and sun covers (new 2006, dodger has small patch)
- Davits for 10ft dingy (dingy not included)
- Mizzen, main, genoa & spinnaker sails, good condition
- Both masts deck mounted and can be lowered
- New prop shaft 2008
- New antifouling bottom paint (early 2008)
- New paint on all non skid decks and super structure (early 2008)
- Marine VHF radio, Hummingbird
- Raymarine Chart Plotter (works well but needs chip R425 for Belize)
- Raymarine Depth Sounder, works on and off, believe it needs a new transducer
- The boat has no working oil pressure gauge, engine temperature, RPM, log or wind direction. The compass still works but there are cracks in the glass due to age.